Shabby

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pumpkin Ring Toss...

For our Homeschool Group's Fall Festival each mom was asked to come up with a carnival game for the children to play and win prizes. I thought that I would make a pumpkin themed ring toss game...




Each child would get three rings to try to throw over a "pumpkin." For each ring that they got over a "pumpkin" I rang a bell and they received a prize. For getting 1 out of 3 rings on a pumpkin, they got to pick a piece of candy out of the pumpkin basket. For 2 out of 3 rings, they got to pick a Wendy's Free JR Frosty ticket from the trees on the table. For anyone that got all three rings on a pumpkin, they got a velvet print and markers that were a harvest theme.




We had four different age groups going around to each booth, so I came up with different distances for each group to stand away from the pumpkins. I had the 1-2 year olds I had stand pretty much right in front of the pumpkins, the 3-4 year olds stand 32 inches away, the 5-7 year olds stand 44 inches away, and the 8 and up stand 56 inches away. I think that it worked out perfectly!

The kids really enjoyed themselves! And I did too!

To make you own set of a Pumpkin Ring Toss game all you need to do is buy 6 large orange soda bottles, 3 glow in the dark necklaces, and some prizes! I took the labels off the bottles and painted the lids green. Then I took a green paint pen and drew vines and leaves on the bottles.




Presto... You have a SUPER cute fall themed ring toss! ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment