Shabby

Thursday, October 20, 2011

MOPS Craft... Game Board Name Tags

I am the Creative Activities Leader for our MOPS group this year. The MOPS theme this year is MOMSENSE and they are treating it like a game that you are constantly change your strategy. All of our topics and tables are named after popular board games.  I was trying to come up with a really cute name tag to make that we could do as our first craft of the year and use at all of our meetings... And this is what I came up with!


They were pretty simple to make... All I did was go online and find images of the game boards that we were using as the centerpiece for each table and put them all on one sheet of paper. I made them all no wider than 3 in. I had them printed out on cardstock and cut them out with some help from my fellow Steering Team members! I also did the same with the Scrabble letter tiles. They were much more time consuming to cut out but the finished product is exactly what I had in my head. To attach the letters to the game boards, I bought the tiny foam mounting squares and it made them "POP" off the board! We then glued the boards to the craft foam backs. We made the craft foam backs a little bit bigger so that it would frame the boards.  To make them reusable all we did was hot glue a pin on the back... TaDa!  We had everything pre-cut for the meeting and in ziploc baggies for every mom to put together at our meeting. I love the way the turned out... and so did everyone else at MOPS! :)


Twister Table


Monopoly Table


Life Table


Scrabble Table


Chutes and Ladders


Candyland Table








No comments:

Post a Comment